The SPCA Florida WGC announces the 2019 SPCA Florida WGC Scholarship Award. Under the Program, one $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a graduating High School senior who has demonstrated exceptional dedication and service as an SPCA Florida Volunteer. There will be one scholarship awarded per year.
Program Guidelines & Priorities:
* Seeking graduating seniors with a record of at least 80 hours volunteerism with SPCA Florida and its programs. Applicants must meet the follow criteria:
* Must have completed the required 6 month volunteer commitment and at least 80 hours cumulative service to SPCA Florida by March 15th 2019 (Verified by SPCAF Volunteer Coordinator)
* Must have demonstrated that you fully support SPCA Florida’s vision, mission and policies and are able to communicate these to the public.
* Must have demonstrated good customer service skills and have worked well in a team environment
* Applicants must plan to attend a two (2)-year community college or four (4)-year college or university.
*Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or above
* Scholarship funds will be paid during the month of August 2019—directly to the college, not the student. The scholarship funds will be issued to the college or university upon receiving a certificate of enrollment for the fall semester, which includes the Student ID number and Financial Aid Office address.
* Applicants must have the endorsement of their Guidance Counselor on their application attesting they are qualified for this scholarship program.
* Applications must be received by the SPCA Florida Women’s Giving Circle no later than March 15th, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
EMAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION TO :
[email protected] with “Scholarship 2019/[Applicant name]” in the subject line
or mail to:
SPCA Florida WGC Scholarship Committee
5850 Brannen Road S
Lakeland, FL 33813
The applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by the SPCA Florida WGC Scholarship Committee. The scholarships will be awarded at the SPCA Florida Annual Meeting in June 2019. A formal invitation will be sent and scholarship winners should plan to attend.
Applications may be downloaded from the SPCA Florida WGC website at: www.spcaflorida.org/wgc/scholarship
Please submit any questions to: [email protected]